Posted by: admin Comments: 0 Post Date: August 23, 2020
- Pancreas is an organ in the abdomen that lies horizontally behind the lower part of the stomach.
- Pancreas secretes enzymes that help digestion
- Pancreas secretes hormones that help in regulating the metabolism of sugar.
- Pancreatic cancer begins in the tissues of the pancreas.
- Pancreatic cancer spreads rapidly and it is rarely detected in early stages.
- Pancreatic cancer has a poor prognosis even when it is diagnosed in early stages. Surgical removal is also not possible.
- The signs and symptoms may not appear until the cancer is advanced.
Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer
Usually symptoms are not shown until the cancer is advanced. Listed below are the list of common symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Vomiting and nausea
- Irritation and itching sensation in the skin
- Changes in urine color and stool
- Sudden onset of diabetes