Posted by: admin Comments: 0 Post Date: August 23, 2012
India is becoming one of the most preferred medical tourism destinations for the medical travelers across the globe. Here I am trying to find out some of the best possible reasons for this trend.
- Private health care costs are very affordable
- Air travel expenses and luxury hotel fares are also significantly lower
- Subsidized medical education in India facilitates the availability of a pool of experienced and talented medical professionals and scientists in the world
- The volume of patients helps helps surgeons to gain invaluable experience
- India has one of the largest private hospital infrastructure in the world which are affiliated with global medical institutes like Harvard Medical and accredited by JCI, USA or ISO
- English is widely spoken. being the medium of public conversation and the preferred language of communication in Hospitals and Medical centers
- A government that is favourable to medical tourism. The Indian government has a special VISA for medical tourists.
- Experience in medical tourism is another factor. Medical tourists from South Asia and Middle East have been coming for medical treatment to India for many years now.
- Medical decisions are by doctors and not by rules made by non-medicos. Doctors have more say in medical treatment in India.
- Familiarity of Western Patients with Indian doctors.