Posted by: admin Comments: 0 Post Date: January 12, 2014
The main reasons for medical travel to countries like India, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa etc can be summarized as below. The indications are such that health care is also making use of features of globalization.
- Rising health care cost
- Lower health care cost in outside countries
- Lack of insurance coverage or inadequate coverage
- Development in communication systems and IT infrastructure
- Growth of health care consumerism
- Employers search for cost saving options
- Increased marketing by foreign health care providers
- Increased confidence in quality of health care abroad. Many of the hospitals are JCI accredited.
- Development and emergence of medical tourism facilitators
- Enhanced ease and reduced cost of international travel
- Presence of doctors and medical professionals in abroad hospitals who are trained in US, Canada, UK etc.
Leave a Reply